LINE BREAK DETECTION
LINESTAR 7 – BECAUSE WE WANT YOU TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE
Fahlke Control Systems offers the electronic line break detection system
LineStar 7 and other line break detection systems for the protection of your pipeline.
THE INTEGRAL LINESTAR 7 SYSTEM GIVES YOU THE 7 CORNERSTONES OF YOUR PROCESS AUTOMATION:
- It combines numerous functions, including monitoring of the line pressure
- compete regulation of valves
- automation functions
- emergency shutdown functions
- underpressure and overpressure monitoring
- functions of a differential pressure pilot
- and complete logging of all measurements
The pneumatic line break detection system is connected to the pipeline and constantly measures the line pressure. In case of a severe pressure drop the system automatically moves all connected valves into the predefined safe position, to prevent further leakage of the conveyed medium.
FROM REGULATION TO PROTECTION
The name LineStar 7 results from the fact that the integrated MORA system developed by our engineers safeguards the 7 cornerstones of your automation processes.
THEY ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Line break detection system
- Complete valve regulation, with 1° precision
- Automation / day, minutes and seconds for precisely pre-configured operation of your valves
- SSV emergency shutdown unit
- Overpressure monitoring by integrated high pilot
- Underpressure monitoring by integrated low pilot
- Differential pressure pilot for activation and shutdown of the system upon reaching preset pressures
- Continuous pipeline monitoring – pressure / incidents, can be transmitted or read on-site via SD card
The LineStar 7 moves all connected line valves to safe position in case of damage to the pipeline. The MORA system can differentiate between normal pressure fluctuation in the pipeline or a break in the line. This allows the user to optimally monitor his line processes and reliably prevent leakage of the media in the line. The system regulates your valves with precision of 1% in relation to the pressure and flow rate. The regulation function can be set up locally or from the control center. The LineStar 7 can additionally be used to automate your entire line processes. This is achieved by simple programming of the MORA system (Monitoring, Operating, Regulating, Automation) by the user in advance.
The LineStar 7 is also an SSV emergency shutdown unit with integrated low and high pilots. When a preset overpressure or underpressure is detected, all connected valves automatically switch to their preset safe position. The system continuously monitors your line pressure and logs all incidents for up to one year. The LineStar 7 can easily be connected to your process control system via BUS systems, protocols or WiFi.
The MORA system integrated in the LineStar 7 is protected by a programmable PIN code and is mounted in an easily accessible, non-corrosive and lockable stainless steel housing. The unit features and extra-large color display of industrial quality. The intuitive MORA menu controls allow fast setup of your processes and provide support with smart threshold limiting. The system offers the capability of measuring up to 3 connected pressure transmitters, for redundant or 2 of 3 evaluations.
Software updates are conveniently implemented via WLAN.